Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 21st--Shopping and Less Interesting Babble

We went shopping today. The end.

Oh wait, that wasn't much of a story, huh? Well, today isn't very story-worthy anyway, but it's 10pm, I'm not tired, and I'm somehow back in my bunk with another Peanut counselor, randomly hanging out by ourselves. Sounds amazing, eh? (Gah. I'm not even around Canadians right now like I was last year and it still slips out from time to time. Eh? Eh? Bleck.)

We spent way more money than we should have, but fortunately, I wasn't the one 'playing leader' at the time, and all of my rationalizations and possible 'um, are you sure we should get 'that' instead of 'this'?' were turned down, so we got some great stuff in the end and I don't have to feel guilty or try to defend our purchases to someone else. They can do that to our division leader. Actually, I think she'll be cool about it, but she was expecting change back....and we brought her literally a dollar and a few coins. I think they were envisioning a little more cheap plastic and a little less expensive wood....but we got a couple awesome deals (like a tv stand that was originally 60 bucks, marked down to 30....and was evil to put together...grrr, lol). I think I spent half of my time in the store on the phone listening to voicemails and the other half trying to be the backboard to bounce money ideas off of. Our last item was a body pillow to replace the bean bags we didn't get, and we decided to leave it to last in case we didn't have the money for it. When we got up there, the body pillow was exactly the 15 bucks over that we couldn't afford with the money they gave us.....so we did well budget-wise in that sense, but I hope they're okay with everything we got....and didn't get.

In other news, there is no news. We spent 2 hours putting together the tv stand because it had so many pieces (and accompanying screws, nails, angles, and such, in several different sizes, styles, and colors, that were all very similiar, might I add). We missed lunch and bought pizza down in town before heading back up the mountain instead....which was a very wise choice and quite delicious. And now, I've spent my first night off, doing pretty much nothing. 97% of camp (literally...there were less than a dozen people who stayed on grounds) went out tonight, whether to the bars or Wal-Mart and such.....and it felt really weird to stay here, but kinda good because I didn't really 'want' to go out tonight, especially after our afternoon of crawling around trying to get the new shelves and such put together. We should have electricity and air conditioning soon, too, so I'm crossing my fingers for that. It's all finally starting to come together, but it's pushing the lines with the actual Peanuts showing up soon.

Alright, that's all I've got in me. I don't know what else I could ramble about right now without killing my audience completely. Blah. Good night guys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/buy-amitriptyline-25-mg/]amitriptyline to buy online uk
[/url]order amitriptyline 75 mg australia
buy amitriptyline online no prescription
purchase endep 25 mg online Melbourne
buy endep 25 mg australia
purchase amitriptyline 25 mg

Anonymous said...

Простите... [url=http://tutledy.ru/o-muzhskom-tele/69-samyye-bolshiye-muzhchiny.html]самые большие мужчины[/url]

Anonymous said...

http://biaxin-buy.webs.com/ purchase biaxin online
http://sustiva-efavirenz.webs.com/ Sustiva 500 mg
http://asacol-mesalamine.webs.com/ asacol order online
http://www.freewebs.com/pentasa-mesalamine/ mail order asacol